
For more skydiving photos, click here.
I went skydiving today. And I can't wait to go again. It was the most surreal and amazing experience of my life. Perhaps the greatest rush I've ever felt. I was told it would feel like you're falling, and I was told my ears would hurt, and I was told many, many things. But I think everyone's experience is unique. I can say that my very sensitive ears did not become apparent to me until my parachute opened. And I never felt like I was falling, but as close to flying as I've ever come. I cannot describe how thoroughly I enjoyed myself.
I jumped from 15,000 feet, strapped to the tummy of a man who has been skydiving longer than I've been alive--17,000 jumps; highest jump: 48,000 feet, highest jump without oxygen: 35,000 feet. The man was a professional.
For my dive, we jumped at 15,000 ft, the max for a tandem dive. We reached 200k/h and fell over 10,000 feet before the parachute opened, for a total of around 1 minute free falling. It was absolutely incredible. I would recommend skydiving to anybody. I think I'm going to try Queenstown next for a snow-capped peak backdrop. CANNOT wait!
I'm going to try to upload my DVD from the jump, so check back for that in a bit!

6 comments:
I am SO jealous!
Happy Christmas from you to you.
So much more fantastic than my day was yesterday.
Enjoying my vicarious adventures. I'll send postcards someday.
:) jen
Hi Sarah,
Your Uncle David and I both were skydivers. Uncle David had many more jumps than I. I found it very exciting and so peaceful to look at the earth below.
I hope your experiences continue to be nothing short of awesome!
Aunt Susan
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Sarah. We miss you lots and lots and lots and lots and lots! Love, Kaitlyn, Megan, Kristin, and CJ
I wish that I had the guts to go skydiving! I think my stomach dropped just looking at your picture haha. I'm glad that you had so much fun and that you get to have this experience! Talking to you on Xmas (for me) and watching Australia "together" :) was so great. It TRULY made my day...unlike the crappy Chinese food I ate later on with Anja. SICK.
I love and miss you SO much. Elise had a dream that I got a bunch of money...maybe good luck is headed my way and I'll make it to NZ!!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I can't believe that you went skydiving! Like Robyn I don't I would ever make it off the plane. I hope you keep having amazing adventures!
Post a Comment